The management of University of Rwanda through its College of Arts and Social Sciences (UR-CASS)-Center for Conflict Management (CCM) is pleased to invite interested and qualified candidates for applications for the following Master programs:
1) Master of Arts (M.A) Degree in Peace Studies and Conflict Transformation
2) Master of Arts Degree in Genocide Studies and Prevention
The two programs are offered in evening from Monday to Friday, last for 2 years and they are full-time by coursework (courses will be offered in a modular basis) and Dissertation.
Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following fields: Law, Development Studies, Political Science, Sociology, History, Public Administration, Journalism and/or Communication, and any other related field are eligible to apply.
Required documents for application:
– A cover letter addressed to the Director of Postgraduate Studies indicating for which program of study the application is being made and description of the motivation to join the program.
– Notarized Undergraduate Degree or Equivalence from Higher Education Council (HEC) for degrees acquired outside of Rwanda. International/Regional applicants can apply for equivalency online or do so when they arrive in Rwanda. No student shall be allowed to graduate without submitting the same equivalence issued by HEC.
– Notarized academic transcripts.
– Copy of your ID or Passport
– Updated Curriculum Vitae
– Two recommendation letters from academic referees who are knowledgeable about the applicant
– Applicants from countries where English is not the language of instruction at higher education must provide an English Proficiency Certificate from a relevant body of institution.
There is no fund for these two programs. Therefore, admitted applicants are encouraged to secure their own scholarships through their respective national scholarship schemes, international scholarship schemes or be ready to sponsor themselves.
How to Apply?
Application is done online. Go to UR Website (www.ur.ac.rw ) and follow the instructions.
Candidates are requested to submit all required documents by using the Link: pgfile.ur.ac.rw/pgfile/findme.php
NB: – All documents must be in PDF
Deadline for Application:
Closing of online application process is set on August 31, 2022 at 5:00 PM.