The Higher Education Council (HEC) in Rwanda has announced the requirements and criteria for the Application of the Equivalence of Higher Education Certificates or Degrees.
Reference is made to the Ministerial Order N0003/MINEDUC/2021 of 20/10/2021 determining Rwanda Qualifications Framework, especially in the Chapter Ill, Article 9, on content of application file for equivalence of higher education certificate or degree;
Reference is also made to internal HEC guidelines;
An application file for equivalence of higher education certificate or degree shall contain the following documents:
- A well filled application form available at www.irembo.gov.rw , with all necessary information including an official email of the awarding institution.
- A notarized copy of certificate or degree for which the equivalence is applied for.
- A copy of admission letter offered by the institution that issued the degree for which equivalence is applied for.
- A notarized copy of academic transcripts for each level studied.
- A notarized copy of certificate or degree that served as the basis to be admitted in level of higher education.
- A copy of applicant’s ID card or Passport.
- A bursary/loan confirmation letter and study leave for Rwandans who studied abroad on government scholarship.
- Travel documents matching with the applicant’s period of study (Passport with VISA for Rwandan residents or residential permit for those who studied as residents in foreign countries), For those who do not have the travel documents for different reasons, they have to provide the replacement documents issued by competent authority.
- A recognition letter issued by accredited examination body or proof of online assessment (e.g. recommendation letter from the supervisor, approved industrial attachment certificate or report for practical courses) for graduates that studied through online mode of delivery.
- A service certificate/job contract for foreign applicants working in Rwanda or an admission letter for foreign applicants studying or wishing to study in Rwanda.
- A list of publications (at least two), admission letter, seminar paper, progress reports, and intent to submit for PhD holders’ applicants based on their institution’s background.
- Disclaimer: to all levels of application, in case one’s information is found non authentic, HEC has the right to withdraw its offered equivalence.
NB: Application documents that require notarization should either be notarized by a recognized Rwandan notary or Embassy of Rwanda in the awarding country.
For more information contact: (+250)-786823101 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
FOR MORE DETAILS, CLICK HERE