The University of Rwanda through the Single Project Implementation Unit (UR-SPIU) is implementing a research project the “Technology Tools for Building Resilience of Dairy Farms and Improving Dairy Production in Rwanda”. The project is funded by USAID through LASER (Long-term Assistance and Services for Research) PULSE (Partners for University-Led Solutions Engine) that delivers research-driven solutions to field sourced development challenges in USAID interest countries.
It is in this regard that the UR-SPIU invite competent and qualified candidates to apply to the following positions:
POSITION: INSEMINATORS (3 POSITIONS)
DUTIES AND RESPONSABILITIES:
- Synchronize estrous of selected cows to prepare concurrent Artificial Insemination.
- Provide technical support in cow artificial insemination from selected farms to the UR research team.
- Follow up the artificially inseminated cows for pregnancy.
- Assist UR research team in collecting samples from the field, if needed.
- Timely reports to the UR research team on the inseminated cows.
- Perform any other relevant duties as assigned by the supervisor from time to time.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
The position requires a qualified, experienced and certified inseminators. The requirements include:
- Minimum of A2 certificate in Veterinary Sciences; Animal Production, or other related field with 10 years of experience in artificial insemination of cows Or a Diploma in Veterinary Sciences; Animal Production, or other related fields with 7 years of experience in artificial insemination of cows Or a Bachelor’s degree in Veterinary Medicine; Animal Production, or other related field and 5 years experience in artificial insemination of cows.
- Being a certified inseminator and recognized by the Rwanda Agriculture, Animal Resources Board (RAB) is a must.
- Showing a continuous training record in artificial insemination in the Rwandan context.
- Provide record made during three years past of Artificial Insemination calves registered
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their applications online to the email@example.com with a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org
The title of the position should be clearly indicated and application file must be a single PDF file and should contain the following documents:
- Application letter in English addressed to UR-SPIU Coordinator
- A detailed Curriculum Vital
- A copy of academic degree and academic transcripts
- A copy of proof of previous relevant experience
- A copy of ID
The deadline for submission of the application is set on 20th May 2022 at 5pm. Only shortlisted candidates will be required to sit for written test.
FOR MORE DETAILS, CLICK HERE